Thursday 15 March 2012

Review: Lush Hair Treatment

So it's starting to feel a bit more like Spring, the weather's getting warmer, the beer gardens are beckoning and if you're anything like me you'll be thinking about updating your look in plenty of time for Summer!
I know I'm not the only one who tends to take their hair lighter as it gets closer to Summer, at the moment I have reddish highlights and a slightly dip-dyed ends and I'm thinking about going lighter next week.
This combined with curling, straightening, backcombing and generally abusing my hair means it needs a bit of TLC, so I've invested in a hair treatment from Lush.

After a consultation with a really helpful shop assistant, I went for the H'Suan Wen Hua hair treatment (don't even ask me how it's pronounced, I tend to go for the mumble and point approach). 
H'Suan Wen Hua is apparently the God of Hair, so naturally the treatment promises to give you heavenly hair. 


It is packed full of fresh, natural ingredients such as bananas, avocado, free range eggs and olive oil, which provide protein to feed the hair follicles and help replenish damaged hair.
I was a bit concerned that containing so many fresh ingredients, the treatment may have a very short shelf life, but it actually lasts 3 months, and at £8.50 for 225g it's really good value.


The treatment is easy to use, you just apply it to dry hair working it in like you would a conditioner. I just applied it to the lengths and ends of my hair, tied it up in a bun for half an hour then washed my hair as normal. The first time I used the treatment I didn't notice a massive difference, but the second time I actually left the treatment on overnight. It dries on your hair so won't make a mess on the pillow, and I found that leaving it on overnight allowed it to penetrate the hair much better, so after just two uses the bleached ends of my hair are now as soft as normal hair.

I have thick hair, but the treatment is also particularly good for anyone with fine or flat hair, because the protein from the eggs plumps up hair follicles, adding volume to give hair a boost.

So if you fancy treating your tresses to a little pick me up, why not add a hair treatment to your routine.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! laser hair removal

    ReplyDelete