Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review: Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion and Facial Cleansing Polish

I don't know about you but this time of year really makes my skin look dull, the combination of cold weather and central heating, plus the sheer amount of junk food I seem to be shovelling in my mouth at every opportunity, means my skin is definitely not looking it's best!
I love exfoliating my skin as it just gets rid of that surface layer of crap skin and instantly I can tell a huge difference, my moisturiser absorbs so much better and my foundation glides on like a dream.

It will come as no surprise then that I've tried my fair share of exfoliators! This review is of my current favourite, the Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion scrub (RRP £14)


It's a weekly home spa exfoliation and contains vitamin C rich Amazonian Camu Camu and community fair trade shea butter. Now if you're anything like me you won't know what Camu Camu is, but my helpful little pal google tells me it's a Brazilian super fruit! It is a little red berry and it's full of vitamin C (it contains 60 x more Vit C per serving than an orange!) so it's a natural energy booster. Vitamin C is also great for the skin as it helps to clarify.
I love this scrub because it has more of a gritty paste-like consistency which I find is so much more effective than the scrubs that have a few of those little beads in which are spread so far apart and don't feel like they're doing anything. It's also gentle enough to not make your skin red raw when you use it.


You can use the scrub once to twice a week, I use it twice as my skin can get oily and clogged up, if you've got more sensitive skin definitely stick to once a week.

I've noticed a big difference in my skins appearance since I started using this scrub and I'm now on my second tube.

When I went to the Body Shop to replace my first tube of this product I noticed another product in the range, the Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish (RRP £11), which is a daily wash designed to reveal skin's radiance. I liked the sound of this as I had just run out of my Origins Ginzing Scrub Cleanser and it sounded similar but for a cheaper price. Another thing I love about the Body Shop is they always seem to be on the O2 Priority Moments app so I got 40% off!

This wash is similar to the microdermabrasion scrub, it contains Camu Camu again, and Aloe Vera this time. It's more gentle than the scrub as it's designed to be used as a daily face wash, and it certainly ticks the boxes, leaving my skin clean, fresh and bright. The only thing I didn't like is the smell, as compared to the Ginzing cleanser which has a beautiful citrus scent, this wash has a bit of a chemical smell.

Have you used any Body Shop products? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Consequently, young people profit by it and furthermore those grown-ups more than 30 who have skin inflammation too. Sun harmed skin likewise profits by the treatment by expelling the harmed cells in the external layer of the skin permitting new, crisp, sound skin to develop.
    hair waxing centers in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this useful information please check my blog also Microdermabrasion in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete